This race amplifies running history in Christchurch. You get to run and travel around with your team experiencing the very best of the peninsula landscape with a few other crazy runners. The whole event builds a buzz along the roadside with supporters and teammates all taking turns to participate it has a great atmosphere.
This year we have a bonus for any new runner completing a stage or section in the relay. You go into a draw to win a sea kayak safari for two around the Akaroa area.
The entry must be in by 8pm, Monday 16 September, and paid for at least 2 days before the race day.
Specific rules to enter the kayak trip for two
The ‘Promoter’ is the Takahe to Akaroa Race (incorporating Cooptown to Allendale event) and the Athletics Canterbury Cross Country and Road Committee.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all previous or current Athletics Canterbury Registered members who have participated in the event before, or all Athletics Canterbury employees of participating sponsors or co-promotion sponsors and/or associated advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 14 years
(c) those whose race payment has not been received at least 2 days before the race starts.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Athletics Canterbury Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) in any medium – online, radio, print, or any connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘ Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry is limited to 1 per team. No multiple registrations or entries are acceptable, each race entry is made separately and one is drawn from an entry that has entered by 8pm, Monday 16 September and has also finished and completed a stage in the race.
4. Entry into the Promotion means acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer and owner of the race registration name) to enter the Promotion.
5. The only purchase necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, is to enter the Takahe to Akaroa or the Cooptown to Allandale event.
6. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. All names of new runners in teams will go into the draw.
7. Athletics Canterbury reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds. I.e not completing the trace or dnf result.
8. Athletics Canterbury reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Athletics Canterbury decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant Athletics Canterbury exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
12. Personal contact information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and up-to-date in the case of needing to be contacted by text or email. The announcement of the winner will be made after the race in Akaroa.